Can I import listings from realestate.com.au, domain.com.au or reiwa.com.au
Unfortunately RealEstate.com.au, domain.com.au, reiwa.com.au do not allow pulling or pushing data directly to them and they only accept listings from an approved provider.
Portal pushers for real estate websites allow you to enter your listings into one system and they will be pushed and updated on the portals that you select like RealEstate.com.au, Domain.com.au, REIWA.com.au, REIV.com.au and many others.
Many providers allow you to configure your own website to push your listings to in REAXML format. Providers prices range from $90-$130+ per month and some have setup fees.
The process for the real estate agency and agent is:
- Add listing and images into provider system and select the portals they want the listing to go and your website.
- Provider automatically sends REAXML files to each portal and via FTP to your server.
- FeedSync REAXML pre-processor automatically processes the REAXML files.
- WP All Import Pro for WordPress automatically imports the listings from FeedSync.
- Your listings are updated automatically on your website once server cron commands are configured.
Import explained in detail: How to import reaxml files into your WordPress real estate website.
Frequently Asked Questions about RealEstate.com.au
Q: We have a subscription to realestate.com.au and they have this free widget service http://webtools.realestate.com.au/. I pasted in some code yesterday to test and we had the listing show up.
A: This solution is iframed on your site and will not be indexed by Google so you lose all the SEO benefits. When your visitor clicks a listing they get directed to the portal to view the listing. Which basically kills all the hard work you did to get the visitor to your site.
Q: We can't customise the look of the widget as the thumbs are too small.
A: Watch out for the mousetrap whenever there is free cheese.